Lycopene belongs to a group of over 600 fat-soluble plant compounds known as carotenoids1,2. Lycopene’s powerful antioxidant action and ability to defend your skin from UV rays is due in large part to its unique molecular design which is responsible for the red appearance of lycopene and its ability to block light.
In fact, a study by the Department of Dermatology at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine examined the ability of lycopene to defend itself from the harmful effects of UVB rays. The topical application of lycopene has been found to suppress the typical UVB-induced activity of an enzyme called ornithine decarboxylase, an important factor in initiating and controlling the DNA structure of skin cells. This means that lycopene was able to offer significant protection to cellular DNA and therefore negated the need for the body to activate its internal DNA repair pathways.
The same study also found that topical application of lycopene reversed the reduction in PCNA caused by UVB exposure to a significant degree. In addition, lycopene has been shown to also protect your skin due to its ability to reduce inflammation, promote cell renewal and inhibit normal DNA damage.
This powerful treatment removes dead skin cells and restores its radiance.
– A tomato
– Rose water
– Aloe vera gel
– Rice flour
Preparation and use:
– Cut a tomato in half and sprinkle sugar on it to create a powerful facial scrub. Before using it on your face, dip a cotton ball in rose water and wash your face with it, then rub your face with tomato and sugar for 2-3 minutes, paying special attention to the affected areas.
Flake off your face with this for 2-3 minutes. It will open your pores and also remove the dead skin layer from your face.
– Then you need to massage your face. To do this, just add 2 tsp. 1 tsp tomato juice with 2 tsp. aloe vera gel, you can also add the oil from a vitamin E capsule and your massage cream is ready.
– Massage your face with this for 5 minutes.
– Then apply it as a mask on the face for 15 minutes.
For this, take 2 tsp. rice flour add 2 tsp. tomato juice and a few drops of lemon juice.
– Add rose water if the paste is too thick to apply.
– Apply to your face, leave on for 15 minutes, then rinse off with cold water.